Friday, July 31, 2009

What Song Should My Basketball Team Run Out To

mission: to convince a tomato to stop smoking

Devo per prima cosa raccontare ai nostri lettori come ci siamo conosciuti. Tu sei stato acquistato da mia madre dal fruttivendolo e venditore di ortaggi, detto "u Biondo". Quando sei giunto alla sua bancarella fruit and vegetable market from now you wondered why call him that. Even I have never understood, since it is a white-haired old man. This however is another story.
When I saw you in that bag of vegetables I knew immediately that you bring in an inner pain and weight that you prevented it from being eaten by me with flavor or another of my family. I immediately decided to get off the "cup" of paper where you had slipped almost by force. From your pale pink color I knew you had a drug problem. Remember? I asked as well: you drive or you have withdrawn the license? You have a criminal record?. You're offended, but with composure and said to be an honest tomato grown under the sun of Sicily. This made me think that you had the problem of smoking. If an angry when you hear God's voice and did not tipsy and waddling gait of a drunkard, it is likely that only has the habit of smoking. I've got five fingers, I approached the nose and I heard the typical smell of tar, which confirmed my suspicion. Too bad: you could be a tomato so tasty ...
-you stop? - I asked.
-.- I do not want you answered with resolute tone-it's not my fault that I grew up near a tobacco plant. "
-this is cool - I told you.
-It is true, I lied. It 'was an eggplant, companion refrigerator, to convince smoking their first cigarette in the long term of imprisonment which preceded our sale --This
say it is more likely. I give you the good-for

Sometimes I get ideas. I try not to distinguish between the good and bad. Today it is so rare to have an idea, which waste a good or bad, would be a luxury. I remember in the drawer I was left with a patch, resid one of my recent attempts to quit smoking. Nicotine patch! Think of the fortune if I had remained a tablet to dissolve in the mouth or chewing gum, I could not do anything for my poor tomato smoker. But I was left with a patch and I can stick it on.
He opposes and tells me no. It is almost worth, even appeals to the Constitution, in a trembling voice reciting the art. 32: No one can be forced to a specific medical treatment bla bla ".
brush up on old memories of my law studies, I tell him that while he can not, strictly speaking, be considered a person under the first paragraph, which also assuming the Constitution applicable in the case of fruit and vegetables, there are recent guidelines advocating mandatory health care for those who are in a permanent vegetative state (who is more of a tomato in this state?), however, that the Constitution has been repealed for quite some time. And at the end of my harangue, I say with force my right to decide his fate-Have you arms, hands, legs, heart and a brain? No? and then I'm in charge! -
The story ended badly. Mine is not a good idea. I found rotten after a week dento the cabinet where I had placed, with the nicotine patch still attached. I had to pretend nothing happened. Had been caught in the "tile" of a more distracted, it would have been torn to pieces and eaten within a few hours. So instead ... what a waste!

0 comments:

Post a Comment